Louise has over 25 years’ experience in Trusts and Estates and Family Law and has extensive experience in estate litigation, trust litigation, dispute resolution, charitable trusts, protected estates, estate administration and estate planning. Louise frequently advises beneficiaries, executors and trustees in matters involving Family Provision, Estate and Trust disputes.
Louise is an accredited specialist in Family Law and works with individuals on all aspects of family law including de facto relationships, complex property and parenting issues.
Louise has an extensive background advising Private Clients both in private practice and in business having headed up Legal for an ASX listed trustee company. Louise is a respected lawyer in Trusts and Estates and Family Law.
Louise’s client base includes corporate and individual clients.
Examples of matters in which Louise has recently advised include:
- Estate Planning (high net worth individuals).
- Family Provision proceedings Supreme Court NSW.
- Estate Administration/tax/trust administration/will construction – Judicial Advice (reported) Supreme Court NSW – estate valued at $80m involving issues of breach of trust, removal of trustees, tax issues arising from the method of sale of business, construction of the will, protective trust issues and family provision claims.
- Charitable Trust – Cy Pres Scheme, administration scheme and construction suit Supreme Court NSW.
- Charitable Trust – Cy Pres Scheme, advising the trustee of the charitable trusts established by will in 1939 and the discrete issues arising with respect to the 12 trusts established, construction of the will, cy pres scheme and application for judicial advice and liaising with beneficiaries regarding the administration of the trusts.
- Protective Jurisdiction of the Supreme Court NSW, advice and appearance work.
- Family Court advice and appearance work.
Louise is listed in Doyles Guide (a peer listing) as a leading Wills and Estates Litigation Lawyer (2016).
Louise is a member of:
- the Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners (STEP)
- the Law Society of New South Wales
- The Law Council of Australia
- Family Law Section of the Law Council of Australia
- Past member of the Law Society of NSW Specialist Accreditation Advisory Board (Wills and Estates)
- Past member of the Elder Law and Succession Committee of the Law Society of NSW
Louise holds a Bachelor of Laws (The University of Adelaide) and is an Accredited Specialist (Family Law) Law Society of New South Wales.